Friday, July 27, 2007

Limited plant life

I was under the impression, for some reason, that when you plant something called an 'annual' that it should last one season. I'm finding that this is not necessarily the case.

The beefsteak tomatos have been harvesting for the last three weeks or so but the plant has not gone kaput. It's brown, sad and basically dead. I have to get the last of the tomatos off of it tomorrow. The roma's are just beginning to fruit. We'll see how long it lasts.

I thought it was the gopher, but it seems that an opossum has been visiting our yard. Even so, I looked up some information on the web and it seems tomato plants can have problems during hot and humid summers. Best recommendation, have several plantings so there will always be something fruiting.

No comments: